A birthday has never been a significant day for me before. My parents always celebrated birthdays with parties and cake when we were younger, but as we got into our teens we kinda stopped celebrating. We usually got a card with cash or a check in it made out to us to go shopping for whatever we'd like. I was always completely content with that. Russell's family celebrates them in a whole different way. We celebrated Russell's younger brothers 14th birthday tonight. He got gifts like it was Christmas morning. haha. Too fun! There was this game I wanted to get him, but the store was sold out. Due to the fact that we were completely LAST MINUTE about it, I decided to get a little creative with the cash and made him this.
It was a success. He really liked it.
TODAY I AM THANKFUL FOR:
Family. My family back home in Oregon and my new family. I sure miss my family, but Russell's family has been so kind and welcoming to me. I know that the transition and the move would have been a hundred times harder without their support. They really have gone out of their way to make me feel welcomed and loved.
No comments:
Post a Comment