Friday, February 24, 2012

key to marriage.

The key to marriage is selflessness.

If one person has it, it will work. If both people have it, it will be amazing.

I heard that in a sermon a while back and jotted it down. I'm not sure who said it but I know whoever did say it, gets it. I'm by no means the perfect wife, and Russell is not the perfect husband, but I do believe we are perfect for each other. I do know that every day I need to work on my marriage and be a more selfless person. I struggle with not feeling sufficient enough, and constantly complaining and getting on Russell, and for some crazy reason, he loves me through my doubts and fears. I not only want a marriage that works, but I want it to be amazing.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure it's a common phrase, but I've said it on my blog too after hearing it from a podcast by a Presbyterian preacher in NY. His name is escaping me at the moment, but the quote always stuck with me. It's brilliant, in my opinion, and very very true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful, honest post. i'm still working on this in my own marriage. and it definitely makes a world of difference when both are selfless ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete