Monday, October 17, 2011

"How sweet the name of Jesus sounds"

Russell is propped up on the rug studying for a couple tests tomorrow. I've been trying to keep myself entertained by showering, baking peanut butter cookies, doing dishes, cleaning out my purse, writing in a card for a dear friend, talking to my parents on the phone, making tabs for the file system I thought I had to have, and looking at pretty things online. I'm needy and therefore need his attention. This is hard for me. Stupid school.

Today, I am thankful for:
  • my husband
  • my job
  • my church
  • our gym memberships
  • peanut butter
  • my kitchen aid mixer
  • a dishwasher
  • shaving cream
  • texts from sweet & understanding friends
  • magazines
  • babies
  • flats
  • cookie scoops...I don't know how I ever baked without one


Today I am missing:
  • parents, brother, sister
  • the pink fuzzy comforter on my bed at home
  • the summer heat
  • trey, the family dog
  • dutch brothers coffee
  • ahuva bagels (...bagels in general actually. I have not had one since wedding day when I ate breakfast at Starbucks with the girls)


(Summer 2010 feet at the Oregon coast. Him: white, Her: tan.)

(My sweet parents on one of their matching days)

Ps, Russell and I matched today. We both wore green shirts (him=polo, her=t-shirt) from Target. Same color. Love.
*lyrics in title from Amazing Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment